Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 April 2013

Kraft Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - cranberry review


I was lucky enough to be sent a big box of Belvita Breakfast Biscuits in their new cranberry flavour. So I think it's the perfect post to change it up without reviewing a cafe. Of course if I had the luxury to go out to breakfast every morning, I would, but who does? So on a normal weekdays sometimes we all need a quicker option like biscuits on the go.


Upon opening the box the six individually wrapped packets of biscuits give off a distinct sugary cranberry smell that was definitely appealing.The biscuits themselves are thinner than they appear in the picture, with four in each packet. The size on the front is practically to scale though. Overall I would prefer two thicker ones as I found they crumbled a little bit and snapped really easily. Seeing as these are great for eating on the run, you're bound to get some crumbs in your car or on your lap.




The cranberry smell is continuous the whole time, eating biscuit after biscuit, but as it's the showcase of the breakfast snack, I expected more. I absolutely love something with dried fruit where it breaks up the textures with a tasty, small amount of chewy goodness - that's what these lacked. It's as though the cranberry pieces are chopped too small and are sparse.

For breakfast this flavour may be a little too sweet for me personally, but loads of people have a sweet tooth and that would satisfy them, they have 9.6g sugar per serving, about the same as a muesli bar but contain 22g of wholegrains which is great.


The really good thing about them? 
1. You can slip a packet in your handbag (or pocket, men!) easily without taking up space
2.They fill you up. These little biscuits satisfy you enough to start the morning (after a cup of tea of course)
3. They state they are suitable for vegetarians

Most people don't have the luxury of sitting down to eat breakfast every morning and end up completely skipping it, which we all know is a real no-no. I'm lucky enough to be able to have something to eat at my desk at work, but a lot of people wouldn't, especially working outdoors. This is where belvita breakfast biscuits shine. I feel these are great to have in your cupboard just in case you're rushing out and are good for you with five different wholegrains, low in GI, rich in cereals and are a source of fibre.

I'm interested to try their five different flavours; Honey & Nut with choc chip, Milk & Cereals, Crunchy Oats, and Fruit & Fibre. I really have enjoyed having a box of these when I am running late some days, I'd suggest you try them out - especially busy mums!

Check out Product Talk by Nuffnang at www.nuffnang.com.au/what-is-product-talk

No comments:

Post a Comment